Monday, April 23, 2007

Day 5

So, let me do a quick recap of Day 5, since I didn't get a chance to write anything. Day 5 was Sunday and the inlaws were still over. Dh had a football game and it was HOT out, about 80 degrees. I decided not to sabotage my cleanse in the name of politeness so I sent the two older boys along and the little one and I went out and did some errands- including buying more lemons. There was no way I was going to go out and sit in the sun for 2.5 hours without my lemonade!

Being out helped a lot, though going to the grocery store was not a good as going mattress shopping. Made mental list in my head of everything I'm going to consume when I'm off the diet...that list is getting long!

When I came home with dinner ingredients, dh tells me his parents want to take us out for dinner but I'm welcome to stay home. I decided to go so I could hang out with them and also help feed the kids. Took 2 glasses of lemonade with me (with lots of cayenne) and ordered an 'empty glass' at the restaurant. The waiter told me he had never had anyone do that before! Then, when everyone else was ordering their food, the waiter asked if I was going to eat. I told him no, and pointedly took a sip of my horrendous looking lemonade concoction.

During dinner, I thought the food looked good, but I know if I ate it it would probably feel like a brick in my stomach! I also started to smell the mucous smell everywhere. All i wanted to do was go outside and lie down in the sun and take a nap.

At 6:45pm the little one got very cranky and so I took him up to bed and fell asleep too. Woke up feeling really hungry and dh brought me some lemonade. After that, starting getting achey pains in my back and neck and toes. Had read earlier that this was a detox symptom. Everyone should check out the detox symptom list at www.therawfoodsite.com under Bulletin Boards/Master Cleanse. Didn't get up again the whole night and had very vivid and elaborate dreams. Had vivid dreams the night before. Is this an effect of the cleanse?? The dreams were so complex and involved that I don't know if I got any sleep! Woke up at 9am and felt pretty good but in bad need of my lemonade!

No comments: