Monday, April 23, 2007

Day 6!!!!

I cannot believe I'm on Day 6....if you had told me this on Day 1 or 2 I wouldnt have believed it. Not that I ever intended to quit before the 10 days! These past days, Z and I decided that maybe 7 was enough, but with tomorrow being 7 we've decided that if we don't try to do all 10 we'll regret it later. Because, if it took me 32 years to do this diet its going to take me 32 more to do it again. Haha.

Anyway, today wasn't the best day. Bought a sucky batch of lemons from Food Lion. Medium sized and impossible to squeeze. The whole lemon had 2 tablespoons! So that made making the juice annoying. I think that tomorrow I'll make a whole batch in a pitcher and add the cayenne right when I'm about to drink it. I've had premade lemonade with the cayenne added and the cayenne overpowers the rest of the taste, in my opinion.

So, today wasn't the best day because I didn't get up in the morning with a plan of what I was going to be doing. So I sat around in PJ's all day and just wanted to drink lemonade and nap. Z felt like napping all day too. I figure with everything going on inside our bodies it must be a needed rest! Around late afternoon I wanted to quit because the kitchen had tons of food out. MIL had bought muffins, there was a bag of dinner rolls, a bag of chips and the sucky, unsqueezable lemons. Which do you think looks like a more attractive culinary choice?

Called Z a few times to tell her tomorrow was the last day and couldn't reach her. Oh well, can't go to solids right away anyway so I may as well drink the juice. Realized I needed to really step up my juice intake and had a large glass and felt a bit better, still tired. Finally got to talk to Z after 3pm. She felt lazy today too but had a nice movie night planned with the dh and plans for the kids to be in bed early. Talked to Z again an hour later to discuss the big Baby Shower tomorrow (are we going???) and she sounded great and I felt better too. Talking to her gives me a much needed boost because she always tells me that we have to see where this takes us and can't give up yet. Decide to go for the whole 10 days because if not we would always wonder "If we had finised all 10...what would it have felt like towards the end?" Have read so much online, need to see if its all true.

One of the things I read was that Day 7 is full of detox symptoms. Great, what was today with me being so lethargic? I have to get up early tomorrow and do my flush and then spend an hour making myself look like I didn't just do a flush (i.e. 'crappy') to go to this bash. Can't skip it for various reasons though I think I'll let Z off the hook. Ooooh, I'm not looking forward to being there with tons of people and delicious food everywhere!!!!! And I'm keeping the cleanse a secret don't feel like people telling me 1) are you nuts??? or 2) that sounds really unhealthy (as they help themselves to another ghee paratha, deep fried samosa or Diet Coke. :P

This morning my weight was 115, so far 5 pounds gone. I'm going to have a blast gaining at least 2 of them back!

Happy Cleansing!

No comments: