Thursday, April 19, 2007

Day Two- Morning

8am
Woke up this morning with a ton of mucous, had to keep blowing my nose. My lips are also really pink on the bottom and it feels like I'm about to get some blisters. All a good sign that the detox is working! All the toxins loose in the body cause some nasty effects but if I concentrate on drinking and flushing it all out I should be good by tomorrow!

Had my SWF...kind of messed it up so I'm feeling a bit sick to my stomach. Didnt shake the bottle so most of the salt was at the bottom. Figured it out when the first glass was not too salty at all. Then, I shook it and needless to say the next two glasses were terribly salty. Figured out a trick for keeping it down As soon as I chug the glass I have to get rid of the salty taste so I dip a finger into the syrup and quickly rub it all over the inside of my mouth and tongue to get rid of the salt taste.

Ds3 is still asleep, with my luck he'll be up and asking for breakfast while I'm doing my morning jog to and from the bathroom :P

9:38am
Have been to the bathroom 4 times, I think its all out now. Made a big glass of the lemonade and it tasted great. I did cheat a bit since I only mixed the lemon and the syrup and drank that. Enjoyed it a lot. Then, when there was only about a bit of juice in the bottom I added in a fifth of a teaspoon of cayenne and chugged that down. It was SPICY but I'd rather do it that way than ruin the whole drink. Decided to go back to the health foods store today with Z at noon and pick up more syrup and some organic lemons and some organic cayenne. I need cayenne that is fine ground, the stuff I have is straight from Pakistan and is pretty coarse so it floats around the drink like red dirt. Anyway, feeling really great right now and definitely not hungry. I've noticed I feel terrible after drinking the salt water. HORRIBLE, like I'm about to vomit. But if I have some syrup to sweeten my mouth and just relax a bit on the couch after the flush is over I feel fine.

In other news my in-laws are coming over this weekend. Dh told my MIL that I was doing the Cleanse. He said she said she thought it didn't sound very healthy. That's what most people say until I convince them otherwise but I don't have the energy to explain it all and I definitely won't by Saturday. I was planning on resting all weekend but now it's going to be busy, which is fine too! Just need to figure out what I can cook that won't drive me insane.

Can't wait till my mint tea tonight! It's getting me through the day!

Note: I really recommend reading Master Cleanse Secrets for anyone wanting to do this. Its' worth the money it costs as an E-book and has some really great tips that I'm going to try out today. Very well written and motivational too!

1 comment:

NewbieMasterCleanser said...

The swf this morning was absolutely horrid. I mean one of the worse things I've ever experienced. Tomorrow, I will try it with a straw.


Check out the rawfoodsite.com if you haven't already. Go to the mastercleanse forums.

I'm off to eliminate, finally!